629 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
706 people recovered and were released from medical care
6 new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 629 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 6 new deaths, September 21st.
Additionally, 706 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 66,809 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
This makes a total of 80,687 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 13,308 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 570 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s 6 new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 185, Si Racha 91, Banglamung (Pattaya) 112, Panat Nikhom 27, Sattahip 62, Ban Bueang 19, Pan Thong 49, Ko Chan 5, Nong Yai 1, and 78 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, soldiers in Sattahip, 9 cases
- Cluster in soldiers school in Sattahip, 4 cases
- Cluster, Amagasaki Pipe company in Mueang Chonburi, 7 cases
- Cluster, Nilkhosol company in Mueang Chonburi, 4 cases
- Cluster, Cobra group company in Pan Thong, 5 cases
- Cluster, A risky occupation, meeting a lot of people, 17 cases
- 5 medical staff
- Many establishments in Rayong Province brought to Chonburi for medical care, 52 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients in the family – 200 cases, in workplaces – 117 cases, close friends – 29 cases and joined parties, 3 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation), 60 cases
- 117 cases are under investigation in general as to the cause of the disease
A total of 998 close contact searches were received today, and more proactive search reports are pending.
There are currently clusters of outbreaks in 77 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities.