935 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
831 people recovered and were released from medical care
12 new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 935 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 12 new deaths, September 17th.
This makes a total of 77,752 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 13,701 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 553 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s 12 new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
Additionally, 831 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 63,498 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 142, Si Racha 151, Banglamung (Pattaya) 152, Panat Nikhom 55, Sattahip 63, Ban Bueang 141, Pan Thong 44, ฺBor Thong 8, Ko Chan 18, Nong Yai 4, Koh Sichang 5, Soldiers in Sattahip 95, and 57 transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, military conscripts in Sattahip, 60 cases
- Cluster, soldiers area in Sattahip, 35 cases
- Cluster, Hansol Technics company in Ban Bueng, 42 cases
- Cluster, Thai Jurong Engineering company in Ban Bueng, 14 cases
- Cluster, Kasem Engineering & Consultant company in Ban Bueng, 7 cases
- Cluster, Meyer Industries in Si Racha, 5 cases
- Cluster, Essilor optical laboratory in Pan Thong, 5 cases
- Cluster, worker camp Phon Phranakorn in Banglamung, 8 cases
- A risky occupation, meeting a lot of people, 30 cases
- Many establishments in Rayong Province brought to Chonburi for medical care, 43 cases
- Back from a risky area in Rayong, 1 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients in the family – 282 cases, in workplaces – 147 cases and close friends – 25 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation), 70 cases
- 161 cases are under investigation in general as to the cause of the disease
A total of 1,083 close contact searches were received today, and 368 proactive search reports are pending.
There are currently clusters of outbreaks in 75 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities.