Two pet dogs have died after being poisoned according to local residents in Banglamung, part of the Pattaya area.
Pattaya News reporters were notified by local residents yesterday afternoon about the incident (September 10th).
The two dogs in question were found dead in front of a house in Soi Khao Talo, Nongprue, and are a black male golden labrador aged around 8 months and a female pit bull aged around 5 months.
They were found deceased by local residents, foaming from their mouths and seemingly paralyzed. Nearby, the residents who discovered the deceased animals found a bag of unknown blue-colored chemicals and fresh meat.
The dog’s owner, Mr. Nawin PMee Khun, 21, a local Thai boxer, was shaken over the incident. He wrote a formal complaint to law enforcement and authorities over the incident, stressing that anyone who would kill a dog is “evil” in his opinion and must be brought to justice.”
Nawin told The Pattaya News, “I have raised both of these dogs since they were babies. They never harmed or bit anyone. However, they did like to bark at strangers and were protective of our property and anyone around the area. Regardless, that is not a reason to harm an animal.”
A third dog, who belongs to a different owner, was also poisoned but with the assistance of medical staff managed to survive the incident.
According to Nawin and other local residents, this is not the first incident of dog poisoning in the neighborhood in Soi Khao Talo. The area has also been hit by motorbike thieves lately and some residents speculated that potential thieves were also killing the dogs to stop them from barking and alerting owners. Regardless, Pattaya Police have been informed of the incident and are “looking into” the situation, as well as reviewing the unknown chemical found at the scene.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com