Chonburi, Thailand –
938 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
1,095 people recovered and were released from medical care
4 new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 938 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 4 new deaths, September 5th.
This makes a total of 66,902 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 14,083 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 430 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s 4 new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
Additionally, 1,095 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 52,389 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 190, Si Racha 290, Banglamung (Pattaya) 121, Panat Nikhom 60, Sattahip 72, Ban Bueang 66, Pan Thong 58, ฺBor Thong 5, Ko Chan 14, Nong Yai 4, and 58 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
1. Phanat Assemble Company Limited 13 cases
2. Cluster Acushnet Footjoy (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Sriracha District 19 cases
3. Cluster Myer Industries Company Limited, Sriracha District, 10 cases
4. Cluster Valeo Company, Phan Thong District 6 cases
5. Cluster CSSG Company Limited (Subcontract, a company in Phan Thong District) 6 cases
6. Cluster, King’s Pack Industrial Company Limited, Muang Chonburi District, 5 cases
7. Cluster, KYB (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Mueang Chonburi District, 4 cases
8. Proactive inspection of migrant workers accommodation Saphan Pui Community, Sattahip District, 7 cases
9. A risky occupation, meeting a lot of 29 people (customer-facing roles)
10. 5 medical personnel
11. Many establishments in Rayong Province, 35 cases
12. Close contacts of confirmed patients
12.1 in 306 families
12.2 out of 172 workplaces/co-workers
12.3 24 close friends
12.4 Joined a party 4 people
13. Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation) 92 cases
14. 201 cases are under investigation in general as to the source of their infection
There are currently clusters of outbreaks in 61 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities.