Si Racha –
A major fire has completely destroyed a clothing warehouse before it collapsed at midnight yesterday in Si Racha. The estimated cost of damages is at least three million baht, according to relevant officials.
The Laem Chabang fire fighters were notified of the fire at a warehouse in Soi Sahapat Group in Bueng, Si Racha at around midnight, September 3rd, 2021.
Firefighters with four fire engines and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the fire was heavily ablaze despite steady rain in the vicinity.
It took about two hours to control the fire which was fed fuel by the warehouse’s contents-primarily clothes.
Two trucks and one staffer’s adjacent personal apartment on the premises were also heavily damaged. Luckily, the fire did not damage another 10 staff member on-site rooms nearby, which survived the blaze and collapse.
It is believed an electric short circuit started the fire according to officials with the Laem Chabang firefighters. The damage costs are estimated to be at least three million baht.
Mr. Sakon Janpara, a warehouse caretaker, told The Pattaya News, “I heard some bangs and loud noises before I saw the fire from my apartment on the premises. I shouted to my friends and co-workers who live on-site in staff rooms to warn them and we tried to put out the fire while we were waiting for fire fighters. The warehouse later collapsed as it was heavily damaged by the fire. Luckily, nobody was injured as we ensured we woke up all staff that was in their rooms and helped them escape the blaze.”
The Chonburi Forensic Police are continuing their investigation throughout this weekend to confirm if the blaze was indeed started by an electrical short circuit.