The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 1,348 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 10 new deaths, August 20th.
This makes a total of 52,094 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 20,416 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 283 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s 10 new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
Additionally,1,246 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 31,395 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave began.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 334, Si Racha 354, Banglamung (Pattaya) 221, Panat Nikhom 91, Sattahip 34, Ban Bueang 88, Pan Thong 89, Bor Thong 24, Ko Chan 12, Nong Yai 8, Koh Si Chang 27 and 66 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, Fort Nawamintharachini in Mueang Chonburi District, 43 cases
- Cluster, Autoliv (Thailand) Co.,Ltd in Si Racha in Mueang Chonburi District, 5 cases
- Clsuter, IETL Cp., Ltd. in Mueang Chonburi District, 5 cases
- Cluster, Phon Piya Yan buoyancy in Koh Si Chang District, 27 cases
- Cluster, The Riviera Ocean Drive in Banglamung District, 24 cases
- Cluster, Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Si Racha District, 20 cases
- Cluster, Wide Faith Foods Co., Ltd. in Si Racha District, 15 cases
- Cluster, Thai Fountain of Life Co.,Ltd. in Si Racha District, 5 cases
- Cluster, Italian Thai company (Thai oil project Si Racha in District, 5 cases
- Risky occupations like taxi drivers, customer-facing roles, 24 cases
- 10 medical staff
- 23 cases from various enterprises in Rayong
- Provide history back from Bangkok – 3 cases, Samut Prakan – 1 case and Rayong – 1 case
- Close contacts in general: in families – 316 cases, in workplaces – 163 cases, close friends – 26 cases, and joined a party – 1 case
- Close contacts (under investigation), 124 cases
- Currently under investigation in general for the source of Covid-19 infection, 507
A total of 1,312 close contact searches were received today with 536 initial proactive searches, and more proactive search reports are pending.
There are currently, in Chonburi, clusters of Covid-19 at 21 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities. TPN media notes that this cluster information appears to be outdated but is what was provided by authorities.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com