The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 1,206 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 9 new deaths, August 18th.
This makes a total of 49,424 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 20,285 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 266 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s 9 new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
Additionally, 1,623 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 28,873 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave began.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 278, Si Racha 364, Banglamung (Pattaya) 189, Panat Nikhom 72, Sattahip 17, Ban Bueang 88, Pan Thong 90, Bor Thong 32, Ko Chan 12, Nong Yai 9, Koh Sichang 1, and 54 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Si Racha District, 28 cases
- Cluster, Thai Fountain of Life Co.,Ltd. in Si Racha, 7 cases
- Cluster, Celestica (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. in Si Racha, 5 cases
- Cluster, Italian Thai company in Si Racha, 5 cases
- Cluster, Autoliv (Thailand) Co.,Ltd in Si Racha in Mueang Chonburi, 10 cases
- Cluster, King Pac Industrial in Mueang Chonburi, 8 cases
- Cluster, Ge Mao Rubber Internationa (Thailand) Co., Ltd. in Pan Thong, 5 cases
- Cluster Jaroonrat Products comapny in Ban Bueng, 7 cases
- Risky occupations like taxi drivers, customer-facing roles, 22 cases
- 5 medical personal
- 46 cases from various enterprises in Rayong
- Provided a history back from risky area in Chachoengsao – 2 cases, Samut Sakorn – 1 case and Bangkok – 1 case
- Close contacts in general: in families – 303 cases, in workplaces – 228 cases, close friends – 11 cases, and joined a party – 3 case
- Close contacts (under investigation), 206 cases
- Currently under investigation in general for the source of Covid-19 infection, 303 cases
A total of 1,251 close contact searches were received today with 376 initial proactive searches, and more proactive search reports are pending.
There are currently, in Chonburi, clusters of Covid-19 at 21 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities. TPN media notes that this cluster information appears to be outdated but is what was provided by authorities.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com