The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced a record-breaking high of 1,141 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with six new deaths, August 2nd. The Chonburi governor also ordered several more places temporarily closed.
This makes a total of 27,770 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 13,149 still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 133 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s six new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
Additionally, 509 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 14,488 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave began.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 279, Si Racha 291, Banglamung (Pattaya) 208, Panat Nikhom 78, Sattahip 74, Ban Bueang 40, Pan Thong 51, Bor Thong 20, Ko Chan 28, Nong Yai 29, Koh Sichang 1, and 42 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, Alphacast Co., Ltd. in Mueang Chonburi, 32 cases
- Cluster, Benjamas Camp 112 company in Ko Chan, 3 cases
- A risky occupation, meeting a lot of people, 26 cases – This is described as an occupation that is primarily customer-facing, like taxi drivers, cashiers at supermarkets, etc.
- 12 medical staff
- Many enterprises in Rayong province, 41 cases
- Other provinces travel to receive treatment in the province, Bangkok – 4 cases. Rayong – 4 cases, and Nakhon Pathom, 1 case
- Provide a history of traveling to Bangkok, 1 case
- Close contacts of confirmed patients, in families -386 cases, in workplaces – 224 cases, close freinds – 52 cases, and joined parties – 3 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation), 109 cases
- 243 cases are under investigation in general
A total of 1,631 close contact searches were received today with 785 initial proactive searches, and more proactive search reports are pending.
There are currently, in Chonburi, clusters of Covid-19 at 21 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities. TPN media notes that this cluster information appears to be outdated but is what was provided by authorities.
The Chonburi Governor, Phakkhrathon Thianchai, ordered the temporary closure of a company, worker camp, and a construction site to control the spread of Covid-19.
The order was posted by the Chonburi Public Relations office last night (August 1st). The order concludes, “Many Covid -19 confirmed cases are being found at businesses, worker camps, and construction sites.”
“In order to control the spread of the virus, the Chonburi communicable disease committee has ordered the temporary closure of places below.”
- Yuan Lin (Thailand) Co., Ltd. in Ban Bueang from August 2nd to August 29th, 2021.
- Italian-Thai Development Public, Co., Ltd. in Takiean Tia, Banglamung and construction site Thai oil in Thung Sukhala in Si Racha from August 2nd to August 29th, 2021.
- Jet Industries (Thailand).Co., Ltd. in Pan Thong from August 2nd to August 4th, 2021.
“Nobody is allowed to leave the company and nobody may enter without permission from a Chonburi Public Health Official.”
“Owners, operators, workers, and other people involved must strictly follow the orders.”
“Relevant agencies and officials will assist those who have been temporarily stopped from working and quarantined, regardless of their Covid-19 status.”
The order takes place from today (August 2nd) onward.
The Thai order is posted below for reference:
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com