The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 914 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with six new deaths, July 30th.
This makes a total of 24,420 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 11,441 still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 120 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s six new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
Additionally, 456 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 12,859 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave began.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 286, Si Racha 258, Banglamung (Pattaya) 67, Panat Nikhom 83, Sattahip 7, Ban Bueang 68, Pan Thong 72, Bor Thong 3, Ko Chan 8, and 62 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, Isi Automotive (Thailand), Ltd, in Panat Nikhom, 6 cases
- Cluster, Khun Anan dormitory, in Si Racha, 4 cases
- Cluster, construction workers camp of CP Ram company in Si Racha, 3 cases
- Cluster, Dae-A Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd. In Ban Bueng, 5 cases
- A risky career, meeting a lot of people, 21 cases. This is described as an occupation that is primarily customer-facing, like taxi drivers, cashiers at supermarkets, etc.
- 2 medical personnel
- Many businesses in Rayong, 23 cases
- Provided a history of traveling to Bangkok, 6 cases, Rayong 5 cases, and Chachoengsao, 2 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients in family members, 264 cases, Co-workers at workplaces, 170 cases, Close persons in general, 43 cases, and parties, 1 case.
- Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation), 118 cases
- Under investigation in general, 241 cases
A total of 1,443 close contact searches were received today with 1,429 initial proactive searches, and more proactive search reports are pending.
There are currently, in Chonburi, clusters of Covid-19 at 21 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities. TPN media notes that this cluster information appears to be outdated but is what was provided by authorities.
We often get asked how many of these cases are serious, hospitalized, etc. That specific information is not normally released, although has been stated numerous times that the vast majority, over 80%, are asymptomatic or “Green” which are mild cases of Covid-19.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com