The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 864 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with four new deaths, July 28th.
This makes a total of 22,524 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 10,493 still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 106 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s four new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
Additionally, 447 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 11,925 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave began.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 104, Si Racha 300, Banglamung (Pattaya) 212, Panat Nikhom 71, Sattahip 31, Ban Bueang 52, Pan Thong 29, Bor Thong 13, Ko Chan 6, Nong Yai 16, and 30 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
1. Cluster Roong Ruangkit Construction Engineering Company Limited, Khao Khan Song Subdistrict, Si Racha District, 67 cases
2. Cluster, establishments in Phanat Nikhom District (1) 31 cases
3. Cluster, establishments in Si Racha District (1) 61 cases (under investigation)
4. Cluster, establishments in Si Racha District (2) 13 cases (under investigation)
5. Cluster Construction Camp in Nong Yai District, 14 cases (in the process of investigation of the disease)
6. Cluster establishments in Phanat Nikhom District (2) 6 cases (under investigation)
7. Cluster, 3 business establishments in Mueang Chon Buri District (under investigation of the disease)
8. 5 medical personnel
9. A risky occupation, meeting a lot of people-11
10. Gameball (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Rayong Province 1
11. Close contacts of confirmed patients
11.1 in 184 families
11.2 out of 66 workplaces
11.3 20 close people in general/friends
12. Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation) 220 cases
13. Currently, 162 cases are under investigation in general
A total of 1,557 close contact searches were received today with 847 initial proactive searches, and more proactive search reports are pending.
There are currently, in Chonburi, clusters of Covid-19 at 21 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities.
Chonburi Public Health officials, as well as the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, recently stated that over 80% of patients were asymptomatic or mild in general. In Chonburi, this number is closer to 90%, according to authorities, as the majority of those affected are younger and healthier people.