The following is a weekly feature article looking at this same time period LAST year in Pattaya and Thailand news.
This weekly feature takes a look back at news from the same period last year (and sometimes different time windows, such as six months or three months) to see how things have changed, following up on the progression of stories, as well as look at potentially broken promises or things that didn’t take place as promised in Pattaya and Thailand.
As we publish dozens of stories a week this is a quick way for people to take a look at what the biggest stories were a year ago, as chosen by our editorial team, and how they impact us today and relate to current news. They are in no particular order of importance, however, are roughly in order of publication. This week, we cover the fourth week of JULY 2020, from Sunday, July 19th, 2020 to Saturday, July 25th, 2020.
1. Largest political rally in Bangkok since before Covid-19 protests Thai Government policies
As Covid-19 wound down last year locally (unfortunately, as we all know now, not for the final time) protests wound back up.
2. Abandoned beer bars become shelters for the homeless in Pattaya
One year later, the homeless situation, driven by many more months of Covid-19 business closures and restrictions this year, has worsened, unfortunately.
3. Former famous Thai actress who had fallen on hard times found dead in Si Racha home
A sad story from last year…
4. Charges against Thai Red Bull heir in hit and run incident reportedly dropped
This led to a huge ruckus and resulting corrupting investigations and charges being reinstated, however, the suspect is still missing.
5. Thai Government planning to spend 600 million baht to buy doses of Covid-19 vaccine developed by the UK
One year later…..
That is all for this week, we hope everyone is doing well and takes care of themselves!