The following is a press release from the Thai Tourism Authority. Their statements are their own.
Updated on 23 July 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to provide an update on heightened screening measures for domestic entry to Phuket that apply to Thais and foreigners living in Thailand.
This latest decision by the Committee of Communicable Disease of Phuket will replace the current Phuket Provincial Order No. 4021/2564: domestic entry to Phuket.
Effective from 25 July to 2 August 2021, the heightened measures require all domestic arrivals into Phuket to show the following proof:
- Have received a negative test by an RT-PCR or Rapid Antigen test no more than 72 hours before traveling.
- Have received 2 doses of Sinovac or Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, or the first dose of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least 14 days before arrival.
Children under 6 years old traveling with a parent or guardian are exempt from taking the test. However, testing will be required for youngsters aged 6-18 years traveling with a parent or guardian.
All travelers must download and install the ‘Mor Chana’ application and turn on the share location function at all times.
All travelers must be able to provide proof of the above-mentioned requirements to officials at the point of entry to Phuket.
Traveling by land transport through the Tha Chatchai checkpoint CANNOT be done during the hours of 23.00-04.00 Hrs.
All travelers must self-monitor for any unusual symptoms and contact a local hospital if unsure.
Phuket Provincial Order No. 4023/2564: COVID-19 Measures in Phuket
Effective from today to 2 August 2021, Phuket has announced the following restrictions:
- All pubs, bars, karaoke, entertainment venues, all types of competition venues (cockfighting, fish fighting, bird races, etc).
OPEN with conditions
- Department stores, shopping centers, community malls can open until 21.00 Hrs., but sales promotion activities, as well as sections for game machines, game shops, and amusement parks, are not allowed.
- Convenience stores can open from 04.00-23.00 Hrs.
- Snooker, billiard, and pool halls can open from 15.00-21.00 Hrs.
- Computer games and online game shops can open until 21.00 Hrs.
- Amusement parks or water parks or outdoor mobile entertainment can open from 08.00-20.00 Hrs.
- Selling and/or consumption of liquor or alcoholic beverages in shops, cafés, or restaurants after 21.00 Hrs.
- Drinking liquor or alcoholic beverages in public areas, beaches, parks, playgrounds, roads along canals, roads around reservoirs, or public waterways.
- Gatherings of more than 150 people.
- Organizing of parties, carnivals, housewarming, and large celebrations except for traditional ceremonies. which are unable to be postponed; such as, funeral ceremonies, ordination ceremonies, wedding ceremonies, religious days, or ceremonies
TAT would like to remind all travelers to continue with the D-M-H-T-T-A precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
For additional information and assistance relating to Thailand’s tourism, contact the TAT Contact Centre 1672 or Tourist Police 1155.