The Chonburi Governor released an updated order this evening (July 22nd) with more Covid-19 closures and restrictions. The order is effective from today until further notice. The Thai version of the order is here for reference, the translation in English is below.
TPN media notes that there have been additional restrictions and closures to “prevent Covid-19” nearly daily this week. The reaction to the closures by readers and social media, however, has been almost universally negative, especially the closure of public areas like parks and swimming pools.
Here are the additional closures:
- Public places for shows. Any show, of any type, is essentially banned currently.
- Playgrounds and places with playthings for kids, indoor or outdoor.
- ALL Tourism places both government and private. This essentially closes all tourism attractions, regardless of size or if it is indoors or outdoors.
- Zoos, animal parks, or places with animal shows
- No one is allowed to use beaches and reservoirs in Chonburi except for the normal occupation of local fishermen. There is no exception for exercise, the beaches will be completely closed and off-limits. This includes swimming.
- No one is allowed to use Koh Loi Bridge in Si Racha except for traffic to Koh Loi – Koh Sichang. This area is a popular gathering spot, according to officials, for local youth and residents.
- No one is allowed to use the Chonlamart Vithi bridge in Mueang Chonburi except with permission from officials. This is another popular local gathering spot.
- Cargo boats from outside the Chonburi area: No one is allowed to land except with permission from public health officials. This may heavily impact the Laem Chabang Port and additional health measures there.
The Chonburi Governor ordered more worker camps closed in the province after cases of Covid-19 were reportedly found at the locations.
The order was posted by the Chonburi Public Relations office. The order states, “Many Covid -19 confirmed cases are being found at these locations below. In order to control the spread of the virus, the Chonburi communicable disease committee has ordered the closure of the following:
- Construction worker camp of the Standard Performance Co., Ltd (SPC) in Surasak, Si Racha from today until August 16th.
- Construction worker camp of Wissawapat Co., Ltd in Nongprue, Banglamung from today until August 18th.
Owners and operators must strictly follow all orders and measurements from the Public Health Officials. The order in Thai is here for reference.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com