The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 399 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with two new deaths, July 12th.
399 is a new record high for cases in the province. However, 363 people were also released and fully recovered yesterday in Chonburi, also a high number, as most cases continue to be mild or asymptomatic locally according to health officials.
This makes a total of 12,031 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 4,045 still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 67 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
Additionally, 7,921 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 363 people were released yesterday.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 86, Si Racha 107, Banglamung (Pattaya) 113, Panat Nikhom 10, Sattahip 15, Ban Bueang 33, Pan Thong 22, Bor Thong 1, Nong Yai 8, and 12 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
1. Proactive case finding at Rattanakorn Market in Si Racha, 37 cases
2. Close contact from previous confirmed cases, 20 cases
3. Pupan ice factory in Huayyai, Banglamung, 11 cases
4. Huay Yai Jeen ice factory in Huayyai, Banglamung, 10 cases
5. Workers camp in Borwin, Si Racha, 9 cases
6. Risky occupation, meets a lot of people, 8 cases
7. Close contact from a previously confirmed case (party), 2 cases
8. Medical staffers, 2 cases
9. Close contact from a previously confirmed case from worker camp of Syntec Corporation company, 2 cases
10. Cluster Chumpae Moo Kata buffet in Banglamung, 3 cases
11. Cluster at an unnamed business in Ban Bueang, 3 case
12. Went to a risky area in Pathum Thani, 2 cases
13. Contact from a previously confirmed case traveling from risky areas in Bangkok, 2 cases
14. Maxxis International company in Rayong, 2 cases
15. Bridgestone Specialty Manufacturing Thailand in Rayong, 1 cases
16. Vossen Manufacture Company in Rayong, 1 case
17. Contact with previously confirmed patients:
- In families, 111 cases
- In workplaces, 67 cases
- Previously confirmed patients (Which are under investigation), 43 cases
- Currently investigating 63 cases
A total 1,525 of close contact searches were received today with 1,259 initial proactive searches, and more proactive search reports are pending.
Chonburi Public Health issues urge people to continue to follow Covid-19 precautions and when in doubt stay home and avoid gatherings, especially parties or with alcohol.
There are currently, in Chonburi, clusters of outbreaks in 11 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and three communities.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com