The Thai Cabinet Committee today, May 25th, approved a 311-million-baht budget for procuring hygienic equipment, establishing field hospitals, and improving quarantine areas for prisons across the country to prevent the potential spread of Covid-19 outbreaks.
Government Spokesperson Anucha Burapachaisri told the Associated Press that due to the crisis of Covid-19 infections discovered in prisons nationwide, the cabinet meeting, therefore, approved the amount of 311,650,300 baht as an expense for solving and preventing the spread of Covid-19 in prisons nationwide.
The budget can be categorized into 5 purposes, including:
1. A cost of 80 million baht for purchasing 100,000 sets of Covid-19 test kits, or RT-PCR test
2. A 51,967,200 baht cost for the construction of two field hospitals for critically ill infections in Bangkok and its vicinity
3. The construction cost of 92,680,000 baht for the construction of 10 provincial field hospitals in all prisons and correctional institutions
4. A cost of 49,835,500 baht for the construction and renovation of quarantine accommodation for 65 prisons nationwide
5. A budget of 37,167,600 baht for material and medical equipment related to the prevention of diseases in prisons nationwide
“The budget will be provided as soon as the Department of Corrections has provided a suitable action plan and budget expenditure plan to the committee,” the spokesperson added.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/ or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com