Hello Pattaya News Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area, Pattaya and Chonburi, for the past week. The number of stories differs from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed as we publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article.
They are in no particular order of importance. These are from Sunday, May 9th, 2021, to Saturday, May 15th, 2021.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
1. One month of Pattaya’s famous bars and entertainment closed, how much longer will this last?
Here is our analysis of what has happened so far with bar closures and what the future will bring.
2. A sneak peek at the new public park opening soon in Jomtien
The newest public park is progressing towards completion on Jomtien Second Road near the Riviera. Here is a sneak peek.
3. Female motorbike taxi driver hit and killed while trying to help a stray dog out of road in Pattaya
This tragic story was one of our most discussed stories last week as a young girl, only 21, was killed while trying to help a stray dog off the highway in Pattaya.
4. Pattaya Police continue to crack down on social gatherings and wearing masks
Police continue to enforce Covid-19 rules across the area.
5. Dozens of Pattaya monks pray off Covid-19 in Pattaya
Well, numbers HAVE been mostly going down and the province was downgraded from the strictest measures. Could it be working?
6. Serial thief turns himself into police in Pattaya
A serial thief who was well covered here on the local news media turned himself in after CCTV of his crime was widely broadcast, including on our social media channels.
7. British ex-pat found dead with his pet dogs protecting his body
Another sad story last week drew a lot of discussion and attention, especially around the dogs for staying loyal to the end.
8. Pattaya City Mayor wants everyone to get vaccinated to get the city open faster
The Mayor completed both doses of his own Covid-19 vaccines last week and as mass vaccination is set to begin very soon in Pattaya is encouraging everyone (yes, foreigners also) to get vaccinated to get the city open again.
That is all for this week! Have a safe week ahead! P.S. Thank you so much for your support!