Koh larn, Pattaya â
The Koh Larn Covid-19 Volunteer Committee yesterday (May 2nd) has decided to close the island to non-residents starting this Wednesday (May 5th), until May 20th. It is important to note that the Chonburi Governor has not issued an official order on this which is generally just a formal step of the process.
This follows the ticket booth for visiting Koh Larn and resorts on Koh Larn appearing on timelines for confirmed Covid-19 positive cases on releases from the Chonburi Public Health department last month.
The committee has also released a series of rules for local residents on the island, this does NOT apply to Pattaya or other islands in the area, only Koh Larn.
All hotels, resorts, guest houses, and other areas are to remove non-residents by tomorrow (May 4th) and may not accept non-residents for stay.
Non-residents leaving the island must ensure they contact the island committee if they test positive for Covid-19.
Local residents may not travel or leave the island and there will be 100% access control. (Unless there is a necessary need to leave.)
There will be a screening point at Bali Hai Pier for both Covid-19 health measures and to ensure that only residents are entering the island.
If there is someone who is not a resident of the island, such as a delivery person or workers who need to enter the island, they need to provide certificate documents from their employers.
Non â residents who are necessary to enter Koh Larn must ask for permission from the Covid -19 Local Administration Centre and must have someone on Koh Larn who can confirm they need to go to Koh Larn at least one day before. (inform 081-5830430 Khun Tao).
Residents on Koh Larn who have problems with respiratory symptoms and/or a fever within 14 days please contact the Koh Larn Community Medical Center 038-434144.
Other rules are:
- Residents are asking (not ordering) people to consider staying only at home.
- All gatherings of any size outside of your direct house members are being requested not to do unless necessary.
- No lottery sellers or other vendors from the Pattaya area will be allowed during this period.
- Packages and letters for residents must be sent at the pier or in front of accommodation.
- Ferries to Koh Larn (Not for tourists) depart from the Bali Hai Pier and Koh Larn at 7:00. and 6:00 P.M..
- No passengers are allowed on boats and cargo ships for fresh food and goods to and from Koh Larn.
- Moving of workers is being requested not to do.
- Other rules must follow the recent orders from the Chonburi governor
For more information please call the Koh Larn Covid -19 Center 095-2104720
The Pattaya News also want to remind readers that although the Koh Larn Committee has the jurisdiction to make decisions for their island a final order from the Governor, mostly just a formality at this point, has yet to be released.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about us promoting your business, event, charity, or local-sport, etc? E-mail us at Sales@ThePattayaNews.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com