Hello Pattaya News Readers!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area, Pattaya and Chonburi, for the past week. We usually try to present the top five local stories but the number of stories may differ from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed as we publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article.
They are in no particular order of importance. These are from Sunday, February 28th, to Saturday, March 6th, 2021.
1. Stadium at Chaiyapruek 60 percent complete, says Pattaya Mayor
This long under development project is moving forward, says the Pattaya City Mayor, as the plans for the city to become a sports tourism hub and host major upcoming sporting events, including the 2023 Asian Games, continue.
2. Pattaya City to improve exercise paths on Pratumnak and Big Buddha Hill
Another project announced by the city and designed to improve the “green” areas of the city and provide more free, public exercise equipment to encourage better health of the residents and public. Nothing was stated officially, however, about the stray dogs in the area.
3. Love it or hate it, Songkran in Pattaya is happening, although it is not yet clear what the rules will be
The biggest Thai holiday of the year, Songkran, will happen after being canceled last year due to Covid-19. Despite ongoing Covid-19 concerns, the event will return for the first time since 2019 but may look quite different. Here is what we know so far.
4. More than twenty events planned so far for Pattaya in 2021
Pattaya is betting big on domestic tourism to keep it going until (hopefully) borders can re-open and foreign tourists can return, possibly later in the year. In the meantime, they are throwing events nearly every weekend to draw domestic foreign tourists to Pattaya.
5. New public park in Jomtien about 70 percent complete, says Pattaya Mayor
Another new addition to our local area…..a green space in Jomtien.
6. FOUR music festivals coming to Pattaya in May
Pattaya continues its drive to bring domestic tourists to the city with four-weekend music festivals in May.
7. Booze ban set for election day on March 28th
You were warned….
8. Pattaya launches LINE connect in multiple languages for local residents and tourists
Many of our local readers thought this was a good idea, as long as it is updated and used on a regular basis.
9. Vaccines roll out in Pattaya area for Covid-19
Last week saw the first vaccines to fight the Covid-19 coronavirus arrive in our local area, starting what many hope will be a road to the end of a year of closures, restrictions, and lack of tourists.
That is all for this week. As always, thank you for reading and supporting us here at The Pattaya News.