Family rescued from third floor fire in Chonburi optometrist shop

PHOTO: Pu Kerd Ma Lui

Chonburi-

Three people from the same family have been rescued after a fire started on the third level of an optometrist shop in Mueang Chonburi district this afternoon (January 30th).

The Samet Police were notified of the fire at a building in a housing estate behind the Central Department Store.

Firefighters with fire engines arrived at the three story building to find lots of smoke coming from the first floor.

Three people were stuck on the third floor. Firefighters using a special truck rescued them from a window on the third floor. Afterwards, they managed to put out the fire successfully.

The owner of the optometrist shop Mr. Maroon, 47, told firefighters, “I was with my wife and my children on the second floor when we saw lots of smoke coming from the hallway.”

“We found that the smoke was coming from the first floor and was too thick to pass through. We ran onto the third floor while we were waiting for help after I called 191.” Maroon stated to the press.

At this stage, it is believed by firefighters that the fire started from an electric short circuit.

PHOTO: Pu Kerd Ma Lui

Story by The Pattaya News

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=–=–=–=–==-

Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here!

Help support The Pattaya News in 2021!

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google News, Instagram, Tiktok, Youtube, Pinterest, Parler, Flipboard or Tumblr

Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/ or in the comments below

Sending
User Review
4 (1 vote)