Second man reportedly dies from electrocution while listening to headphones and charging his phone in Chonburi in three days

PHOTO: Puen Rak Nak Khao


A 31 -year-old Cambodian man has been pronounced dead yesterday (January 25th) in the Panat Nikhom district while reportedly listening to headphones while charging his phone.

The Panat Nikhom Police was notified of the incident at a room in the Na Wanghin sub-district.

Police and Emergency responders arrived at the room to find the body of Mr. La Meng, 31, a Cambodian national.

PHOTO: Puen Rak Nak Khao

He was lying on a mattress wearing headphones and with his phone attached to a charging station which was plugged into an electrical outlet.

No signs of a struggle or distress were found in his room or on his body. No burn marks were immediately found on his body, however, the electrical outlet was blackened and had multiple devices attached to it.

It is believed that he died at least 12 hours before his body was recovered.

His friend, Mr. Won Tom, 35, told police that he didn’t see his friend go to work. He went to Mr. La’s room to check on him after he finished work before discovering he was dead.

However, an autopsy is being conducted to find the exact cause of death. Rescue workers initially believed, despite the lack of burn marks, that the victim was electrocuted.

On Saturday (January 23rd) A 28-year-old Thai man had been pronounced dead in Banglamung while reportedly listening to headphones while charging his phone.

Read more about our previous story in the link below.

Man reportedly dies from electrocution listening to headphones while charging phone in Pattaya


Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here!

Help support The Pattaya News in 2021!

Follow us on FacebookTwitterGoogle NewsInstagramTiktokYoutubePinterestParlerFlipboard or Tumblr

Join the discussion in our Facebook group or in the comments below.

User Review
3 (2 votes)