The highly dangerous blue-ringed octopus which was grilled and ready to eat was found being sold at a market in Pathum Thani.
The Department of Marine and Coastal Resources (DMCR) was notified from Ms. Jantra Pumsang who saw the grilled blue-ringed octopus on wooden skewers at the market yesterday (November 30th).
The DMCR has alerted people that the blue-ringed octopus is highly dangerous as its venom called ‘Tetrodotoxin’ is lethal.
They report that its poison cannot be destroyed even when heated at more than 200 Celsius. There is still no treatment or medicine that can get rid of this venom.
People must look very carefully at food containing octopus because the blue-ring octopus is similar to eatable octopus. However the blue –ring colour can clearly be identified. It was not reported if the vendor would face charges over the act or if they were even aware.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google News, Instagram, Tiktok, Youtube, Pinterest, Parler, Flipboard or Tumblr
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/ or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about us promoting your business, event, charity or local sport, etc? E-mail us at Sales@ThePattayaNews.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com