The following is our weekly feature in which we recap the top five local stories in Pattaya for the past week. This is purely focused on local stories, we do a national recap every Monday.
As The Pattaya News publishes on average over a dozen articles per day it can be easy to lose track of what is going on or miss an important notice.
Therefore, this is a recap selected by our editorial team to get our readers up to date.
The list is in no particular order of importance. This is for the week of October 25-October 31st 2020.
1. October deadly month for road accidents in Chonburi, what can we do about it?
This editorial/opinion piece got many comments, opinions and discussion on our social media channels. See for yourself here.
2. Pattaya City to introduce “Pattaya Model” plan to attract Chinese and Russian tourists
In the latest “proposal” brought up by city leaders to bring back a limited number of foreign tourists to Pattaya, city leaders have proposed bringing in controlled tour groups of Chinese and Russian tourists. You can read more about this below:
3. Sky walk, Cruise terminal and Walking Street refurbishment proposed
And in the latest long term tourism proposal….
4. Pattaya betting heavily on weekend events to drive domestic tourism
With an event nearly every single weekend leading up to New Year, Pattaya is betting big on weekend events to drive domestic tourism. Based on the past two weekends of events in Pattaya the plan, so far, appears to be working.
5. 18 year old woman arrested in alleged ponzi scheme that defrauded almost 500 victims of almost 10 million baht
This particular story got a lot of interest, partly due to the living conditions of the woman and her age which led some of our readers to believe she was a fall person for someone else involved in this scheme. What do you think?
Thats it for this week thank you as always for reading The Pattaya News!