A father and his son narrowly escaped a blazing fire after their van was gutted by a furious fire in Banglamung yesterday.
Sawang Boriboon rescue workers and the Huayyai Police were called to the scene, on Road Number 36 (Krating Lai – Rayong Road) in Banglamung yesterday.
Sawang Boriboon rescue staff arrived to find a white passenger van on the side of the road, completely engulfed in flames.
The firefighters took only ten minutes to put out the blaze, but the van was completely damaged during the incident.
The van driver, Mr. Weera Mingmit, 63, told police that he was travelling with his son from Bangkok to Rayong.
He saw smoke was coming out from the van’s engine and he stopped his van on the side of Road number 36 at the same time as the fire started. He and his son luckily escaped from the van with no injuries.
At this stage Banglamung police believe in a statement to The Pattaya News team that the malfunction of a gas system in the van is the cause of the fire. A video of the incident can be found below.
Story by The Pattaya News
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/ or in the comments below.