A major fire has damaged a cake and flower shop in Ban Bueng at about noon today. The total cost of damages is estimated at about 600,000 baht.
Fire fighters were notified of the fire at 11:30AM at a building in Ban Bueng.
Fire fighters with two fire engines arrived at the scene with rescue workers to find lots of smoke from the building in question. It took about one hour to control the fire.
Flowers and cake machines were severely damaged. No injuries were reported.
Mr. Sombat Nueangjamnong, 52, the shop owner, told police that no one was in the shop when the fire started. He received a phone call from his neighbor and rushed to the scene.
At this stage police believed that the fire was caused by a short circuit. However, the Chonburi Forensic Police are investigating the incident.