Mother and child survive early morning house fire in Pattaya area

Banglamung-

A mother and her young son survived an early morning house fire after her son cried out in alarm to wake her today.

Fire fighters were notified of the blaze at 3:00 AM at a home in the Nongprue area. Fire fighters, emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the house which was already ablaze. A crowd of bystanders, including the home residents, were standing outside in a panic.

The mother, named only as Ms. Wi, 28, and her one year old son had escaped from the house fire without any injuries.

Ms. Wi told The Pattaya News that she was sleeping in the main bedroom with her son. A video of firefighters tackling the blaze is below.

https://youtu.be/JZNJpUvE4_k

Her son began to cry out in alarm which woke her up, according to her statement. She said she smelled something burning and shortly after discovered that a second unoccupied bedroom was on fire.

She took her son and ran out from the house. If her son had not cried out and woke her up they might not have survived, she told The Pattaya News.

Police believe the fire started from an electric short circuit in the home but are conducting a full investigation today during daylight hours. The damage to the home was significant, according to an initial survey.

Sending
User Review
4 (1 vote)