The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, stated today that they will be gathering and finalizing ideas to help boost the economy of Rayong. This follows an incident in which an Egyptian soldier breached quarantine rules and went to a shopping mall last weekend.
The proposals were announced by Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, the spokesperson of the CCSA, at a press conference earlier today. Five general options are on the table, he said, and would be fleshed out and specifics announced on Monday.
The five general proposals are:
- Government agencies to hold official seminars and meetings in Rayong to help stimulate the hotel industry
2. Tourism promotion for government agents and private companies to push domestic tourism to Rayong
3. Sports competitions and special sporting events held only in Rayong, but with the proper measures and precautions due to Covid-19 taken
4. Concerts and Live events, also with the proper precautions
5. Getting foreign and local film crew to film movies and shows in the province, highlighting the natural beauty of Rayong and the area.
Additional information is expected on Monday, July 20th. The Pattaya News will provide updates on that date.