Electric and other various cables catching fire during a series of evening rainstorms alarmed local residents in Nongprue yesterday night and caused a significant power outage across parts of the city.
The Nongprue Police was notified of the incident at 8:00 PM in Soi Khao Talo 14.
Police, fire fighters and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the fire was already ablaze with a large crowd of bystanders.
It took about fifteen minutes to put out and control the fire. The cables were badly damaged and will be replaced by the electrical authority and other relevant local agencies.
Here is our video of the incident:
The fire also caused a significant power outage around Pattaya, however, it only lasted a few minutes.
The cause of the fire is said to be from the rain which caused an electric short circuit before the fire sparked.