A fire, believed to be caused by a short circuit, broke out and destroyed a significant part of a construction camp located on Soi Sukhumwit 27 yesterday afternoon in Banglamung.
Emergency officials and fire trucks from Pattaya came to put out the fire which took about an hour to completely extinguish.
A thirty seven year old Thai man was injured and taken to a local hospital after inhaling too much smoke, first responders at the scene stated.
Many of the dwellings, which are basic shacks used as temporary shelter for construction staff, were completely destroyed.
Officials are continuing to look into the cause of the fire.