Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is the Thai people’s favourite cabinet minister, while Deputy Agriculture Minister Mananya Thaiseth is the most courageous for her protection of national interests, according to Super Poll director Noppadol Kannikar.
The Super Poll Research Office conducted a random survey of 1,143 people from October 25th to November 2nd.
The five most favoured cabinet ministers, according to the survey results, are:
- Prime Minister Prayut, 42.9%, for his ability to restore peace and order in the country, being sincere and unpretentious and caring for the people.
- Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, 41.7%, for his righteousness and courage in confronting big chemical businesses and protecting public health and national interests, as well as for keeping his promise to legalize medicinal cannabis.
- Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak, 35.6%, for being the country’s top economist, visionary and the driving force behind mega infrastructure projects and economic development.
- Finance Minister Uttama Savanaya, 32.4%, for being the brains behind the Chim-Shop-Chai scheme to help the poor.
- Deputy Agriculture Minister Mananya, 31.7%, for her courage in protecting public interests and for standing up against big chemical businesses.
The top five cabinet ministers relating to social affairs are:
- Anutin, 40.3%
- Mananya, 31.5%
- Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Warawut Silpa-archa, 17.1%
- Education Minister Natthapol Teepsuwan, 15.5%
- Deputy Education Minister Kanokwan Wilawan, 15.0%.
For courage in protecting the national and public interests, the top five are:
- Mananya, 40.7%
- Anutin, 39.3%
- Prime Minister Prayut, 32.1%
- Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob, 27.4%
- Foreign Minister Don Paramudwinai, 18.5%
Mr. Noppadol said that Deputy Agriculture Minister Mananya stood out among the cabinet ministers for her courage. He advised ministers to “reach out to the people as far as possible” and to do their utmost for the good of the people.
Source: Thai PBS