Electrical Fire behind Avenue causes minor damage, alarms tourists and locals

An electrical fire caused by a short circuit in communication wires behind the Avenue Shopping Mall yesterday at 3:00PM is being investigated this afternoon.

The fire shocked tourists and locals when a sudden flash and spark set a large section of the communication lines on fire yesterday. The area is heavily trafficked and the fire was witnessed by dozens.

The wires were directly above a motorbike taxi stand. The drivers were alarmed by the sudden fire but none of them were injured. They also were responsible for keeping tourists away from the flames and for calling the fire department.

Fire officials arrived quickly and put out the fire within about twenty minutes. Luckily the fire did not cause any major damage.

Officials who spoke to the Pattaya News stated the lines will be replaced and the entire area investigated.

Mr. Adam Judd is the Co-owner of TPN media since December 2017. He is originally from Washington D.C., America, but has also lived in Dallas, Sarasota, and Portsmouth. His background is in retail sales, HR, and operations management, and has written about news and Thailand for many years. He has lived in Pattaya for over eight years as a full-time resident, is well known locally and been visiting the country as a regular visitor for over a decade. His full contact information, including office contact information, can be found on our Contact Us page below. Stories please e-mail Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com About Us: https://thepattayanews.com/about-us/ Contact Us: https://thepattayanews.com/contact-us/