Don’t want to go to Bangkok? Need a service from the US Embassy? They will be visiting Pattaya on Wednesday June 6th. They have asked that we NOT post the exact time and location as you must register with STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program) to get that information and sign up. The sign up is free. Here are the services provided and what you will need if you want to attend.
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Pattaya.
Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Specific times and locations are released through our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP is a free service of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs that allows U.S. citizens traveling and living abroad to register with their nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to receive important information.
To enroll in STEP please visit: http://step.state.gov/step
No appointment necessary, services are provided on a first come – first serve basis.
To expedite your service, please consider arriving with your documents filled-out completely, correctly, and NOT signed. Documents, forms and applications can be accessed by clicking on any of the below listed links.
SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON 6 JUNE 2018
- 3,630 THB- Renewal of adult passports
- 3,795 THB- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
- 4,785 THB- Renewal of first adult passports
- 4,785 THB- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
- 3,795 THB- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
- 990 THB- Adult passport card
- 495 THB- Minor passport card
- 1,650 THB (per notary stamp) – Notary – including Income Affidavits
Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 33 THB to 1 USD
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio-data page and each supplementary document required with a passport application per the online instructions. Please follow all relevant passport renewal instructions according to above links. Original documents will be returned to the applicant, however, the copies will not.
IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in-person.
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.
All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.
All BANK DRAFTS (PDF 345KB) must be:
- Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB). (There is no need to have an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft) (Kasikorn Bank calls a “Bank Draft” a “Bill of Exchange”)
- · Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok.” (No variations, errors, or typos are permitted. Do not write on or make any markings on the bank draft.)
- In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
- Submitted at the time of service.
- Issued within the last six months.
You can show this to the bank:
และระบุสั่งจ่ายถึง “American Embassy Bangkok”
Fees and exchange rates are included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website.
Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100THB Bank Draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
- Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit cards, bank drafts from any bank other than Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, SCB or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
- The Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events and mail-in passport renewal services. U.S. Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) for services rendered on-site during normal business hours.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY NEW PASSPORT?
There are two ways to receive your new passport:
1.) IN PERSON: Come to our office in Bangkok (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick-up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (M-F from 7:30-11:00 AM, except holidays and the last Wednesday of each month), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, you must submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.
2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach event for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Bangkok, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time along with a letter for Thai Immigration to transfer your current visa.
NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS
North Pattaya Branch
212/1-3 Moo5 Naklua
Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)
Nong Phrue Sub District
Pattaya –Naklua Branch
157/140-141 Moo 5
Nong Pru Bang Lamung
You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.
CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD AND AUTHENTICATION OF SIGNATURE SERVICES CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.
We are no longer able to assist with Social Security inquiries, applications and/or claims. As of October 1, 2017 all beneficiaries and applicants living in Thailand must direct all questions regarding Social Security to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines at FBU.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit http://www.ssa.gov for more Social Security information.
For other outreach dates and locations please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/
For information on U.S. Citizen Services please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK.