At the request of the Bang Lamung District Chief Naris Niramaiwong and Pattaya Police Chief Col Apichai Krobpetch officials with Immigration, District Police, Local Police and tourist police raided a total of ten properties in the Pattaya area on Tuesday to inspect licenses.
The raids were requested after the well publicized Tulip Hotel raid in which not only was an obscene sex orgy taking place with the management’s permission the hotel also did not have a license and had not had one since 2004, when it opened. Officials say they will continue to inspect hotels for the legal licenses.
Seven out of the ten properties raided were found to be operating against the law without any licenses.
Those properties, and the owner/manager arrested are:
1. Central Pattaya Residence on Sai 2. Mr Rajan Malhotra, 55, Indian, arrested.
2. E-Outfitting Boutique Hotel on Sai 2. Xue Dong, China, 31 arrested.
3. Boutique City Hotel. Chaiyan Mongkhonkulasat, 62, from Nonthaburi arrested.
4. Le Viman Resort.
5. Cocco Resort in South Pattaya. Sander Wolterring, 42, from Holland arrested.
6. Jomtien Thani Hotel on Jomtien Beach. Ms Sujinan Prangsurang, Thai, 49, arrested.
7. Atlantis Condo in Jomtien. Ms Daengkhamkhun, Thai, 47, arrested.
The four foreign nationals were also all found to be working without a work permit. Police will be charging all to the fullest extent of the law.